Meta4orce

Categories: Flash, Free, Games, Online, Others

Meta4orceMeta4orceMeta4orce is a new animation series and game created by the talented folks at BLOC (Stackopolis, ZWoK, Pop Pirates and written by comic book writer Peter Milligan. The project was launched on the BBC earlier this month.

“The year is 2034 and the Earth has been changed almost beyond recognition.

In 2017 a catastrophic increase in global warming lead to a sudden melting of the polar ice caps. The waters rose every day. Coastal towns were lost in a matter of days. A year for humankind to adapt to a new kind of living, on a new kind of planet. Millions perished.

As the new society surfaced from the ruins of the old new kinds of crime emerged with it. To combat these new criminals the government formed a shadowy new security organisation – MAKO. It would use bleeding-edge new technologies to create what they termed a ‘bio-genetically altered investigation team’. They took four orphaned children who had been rescued from the Flood and changed them.

Over a period of years their bodies were taken apart and their DNA was reconfigured to give them incredible powers beyond those of a normal human. Combined with intensive training in investigative techniques, hand-to-hand combat and weapons handling they were moulded into the ultimate crime-fighting unit.

Issued with codenames Ecko, Soma, Stream and Shift have been designed to deal with crimes of political and social sensitivity that the normal police wouldn’t be allowed near. And they’ve just been activated to solve their first case…”

Meta4orceTo be fair, Meta4orce is more an animation series than a real game. Each of the four episodes includes two mini-games that can be played separately via the main menu. and you don’t need to beat the games to watch each animation.

Episode 1 and 2 are already online, and they are truly amazing! And the good news is that there is two more episodes to come!

If you want to learn more about Meta4orce, check out the three-part interview made by Adventures in Primetime.

A word of warning though: this game has been designed for home use broadband connections of at least 2Mbps.

I hope you have a fast DSL connection!

17 Comments to Meta4orce

1. Ciria says:

nice music…

2. gogmagog says:

Nicest looking tower defence game I’ve ever seen! Actually, all the games look beautiful. That maze one is bloody hard!

3. Rick Palmer says:

Hi Eric!
    thanks for the great Meta4orce write-up! I’m super-chuffed you like it!

FreeGamesNews is one of my most regular bookmarks by the way! Seriously great site!

Take care,
    Rick
    (Meta4orce Exec Producer, BLOC Media CEO)

4. Ben says:

Wow. Excellent animation and voicing; very refreshing (as an American) to hear voices that are used for their emotive quality, not the vocal recognition of some flash-in-the-pan pop music star with all the emotional depth of gold leaf.

Rick:
    It’s an awesome game and setting; however, the rushed introduction leaves me wondering about the backstory I’d like to see answered. Perhaps Mako’s development will be covered in a future episode, but the rush is understandable in as much that not everyone is equally interested in narrative as ludus.

Interesting use of the flOw game model; all considered, an excellent use of minigames as tools. High graphical quality, no bugs that I encountered, good soundtrack and appropriate voicing.

Glad the BBC is sponsoring games/interactive media like this and Bowstreet Runners. Looking forward to the rest of the series, and any future work by BLOC Media.

5. smudge says:

Help!!

I keep trying to play the game and it keeps asking me for a username and password.

6. Me says:

I played this on June 13 at 12:00 am GMT without any interruption, and now it asks me for a password.

7. Susan says:

I would love to play this game but it asks for username/password…went to bbc site and didn’t find a spot to register. How are we supposed to play this game….it sounds awesome. If it is as good as Bow Street Runners which, I might add, was an incredible game, and to the authors…I’d love to see more Runner episodes :) Anyway, please help! Thanks.

8. Ciria says:

Hey! what’s the problem?!? I played this game this morning without problems and now it ask me for a password too…. how can I continue to play? Help!

9. nitrox says:

well ditto i really wanted to play this game but it wants a user/password login to the bbc.co.uk site. Eric, could u help us out?

Edit: episodes 1 and 2 are no more password protected! Yeah!

10. nitrox says:

actually i just tried it and it worked w/o password!

11. Me says:

It wont let me play on to episode 3!
    And it didn’t work this morning, but now it does? Is this b/c of diff time zones or what?
    Fun game, but weird, and has some issues… *i think*

12. Eric says:

@ Me – I’ve just emailed Rick again to point out the problem with episode 3. Hopefully, we’ll be able to play it soon!

13. ste2202 says:

Awesome hovercraft chase!!!
    this site rocks!

14. Rick Palmer says:

Sorry everyone! The BBC locked the website by mistake!! :(
    It’s all live again now :)
    Thanks for all your great feedback!
    Rick

15. LiZardKing says:

Ive finished episode 4 and pandora but when i solve all the puzzles at pandora section accesing mako, makos system reboots and theres nothing i can do.
    Any ideas?

16. leena says:

i need help woth the pandora bit too

ive solved all teh puzzles

maybe it should be in a diff order?

17. LiZardKing says:

nothing happens here im afraid and noone is intrested of helping out the others since were getting zero replies.
    Thanx 4 nothing. I dont need this.I m out.