Armor Picross 2

Categories: Flash, Free, Games, Online, Puzzle

Armor Picross 2Armor Picross 2According to Wikipedia, “Nonograms are picture logic puzzles in which cells in a grid have to be colored or left blank according to numbers given at the side of the grid to reveal a hidden picture. In this puzzle type, the numbers measure how many unbroken lines of filled-in squares there are in any given row or column. For example, a clue of “4 8 3″ would mean there are sets of four, eight, and three filled squares, in that order, with at least one blank square between successive groups.”

Nonograms are also known by many other names like Picross (that’s Picture Crossword). And the good news is that Armor Games Studios has just released a sequel to their first Armor Picross game!

Created by Gabriel Ochsenhofer and Kenney Vleugels, Armor Picross 2 features 100 levels of various difficulty in a very polished package.

Nonograms/Picross lovers, don’t miss this game!

15 Comments to Armor Picross 2

1. timmy says:

woot first

2. Mimi says:

I love these games! Didn’t know what they were called and haven’t seen them since I got a book of them from Japan years ago. Thanks for bringing them back into my life!!

3. Maranga says:

I used to play this kind of games in a magazine called “pictologic” in Argentina.

4. Darkfacimile says:

Neat game…I wish though there was a way of marking non-locations off for solving [similar to the old “Paint By Numbers” page]

5. Mimi says:

Darkfacimile you can, just Shift and right click your mouse. You can also cross off the numbers that you have figured out by clicking on them.

6. Muzzman says:

if you want more – there is a whole site dedicated to them

7. Reka says:

I must say, I hate the lives “feature”. It goes against the picross philosophy, if you will. (It’s also quite misleading to call it *five* lives – one slip of the mouse will do you in, every time.) I also don’t like how I have to keep scrolling down the list of puzzles to find where I left off.

This picross implementation is ok if you’re brand-new to the genre; otherwise, there are lots of much better interfaces out there.

8. NetMonster says:

I think I’ll agree with Reka… it’s fine up to 15×15, but when you go to 20×20 the squares are really small and it’s very easy to slip and lose all your lives :(

9. Mimi says:

Thanks Muzzman for the site, it looks like I’ll be spending hours there too.

10. NetMonster says:

Also… in 20×20 it’s very difficult to see which column corresponds to which numbers. Most of my lives are lost because I mistake one column for the one next to it (I’m looking at the numbers for the next column by accident). If it was pen&paper, I’d get a ruler. Since it’s a computer program, you’d expect it to be more convenient; for example, when the mouse is over a square, make the lines and numbers for the corresponding row and column light up.

11. Ciria says:

I’ve never played this game on a computer… always on paper. I think it’s easier on paper than on computer…

12. Cool says:

Completed, This is a very addictive game.

Cool:):)

13. rhys says:

ive got a picross 4 my DS it is well gdgd

14. Jen says:

How do i delete the “saved file” that occurred in the beginning, now that i dont want to play it anymore (and hence dont need to save the puzzles ive solved).

Thanx
    Jen

15. Danny says:

Hi, does anybody interested in good nonograms also known as gridlers or японские кроссворды