Inside a Dead Skyscraper

Categories: Flash, Free, Games, Online, Others

Inside a Dead Skyscraper is the latest experimental game created by Paolo Pedercini, the author of Every Day the Same Dream.

“What if the term “music video game” didn’t evoke images of bored college kids fiddling with pathetic plastic guitars emulating the last icons of a declining music industry?

What if indie game developers allied with indie musicians, making odd games promoting odd and unknown music while still keeping their creative autonomy the way the best music-video directors have been doing for decades?

What if a song (not its beats, not its spectrum, not its amplitude!) was dictating the content of a game and not the other way around?

These are the convoluted questions that the convoluted not-game/interactive-music-video “Inside a dead skyscraper” is trying to answer!”

In one word: brilliant!

Note: The song is from the album “Target Museum” Specific Recordings – 2010

18 Comments to Inside a Dead Skyscraper

1. Falael says:

Is the goal of the game to Show

?
    Or have I missed somehing ??

• Alexa Karuda says:

That’s the only “ending” I’ve found. I think the main point is to remember the moment (although they should have put this one out in September, not July), and enjoy the music.

2. NFresh says:

I don’t get it ?:|

• kate says:

I don’t either. I found it rather lame…not much of a “game,” even if the point is to make you though. All you do is fly Show

Then again, I wasn’t a big fan of the last game either, so that could just be my personal taste talking. :p

3. ratmq says:

Highly Symbolic “game”……I think the point is to make you think about 911 and the fleeting nature of human existance?….Cool music and makes you think about what’s important in life…..Moral: Don’t be sweatin’ the small stuff.
    Either that or I may be Totally WRONG!..lol…:)

4. DNOMN8R says:

Where is the

5. Bowawa says:

I actually found this game amazing and moving. I love the song, and it’s pretty addicting.
    I found 3 endings,

… Or I could just be insane.

• Me says:

That’s actually moving. I never thought a simple game to play on your computer could be deep. But that was.

• abc says:

I found it very moving also, At first When i made the connection when i saw the plane and the building i thought it was some kind of sick joke made by insensitive idiots, but after i listened to the song i noticed that it told the story of 9/11 And it Was actully emotional i truly thought this game was meant to mean something.TO Never Forget.

• mr. mister says:

wow i think that was realy deep and smart.

6. xyz says:

i almost cried cus of the song but good game and….so on.

7. ason says:

their is a secret ending you know its where Show

8. Emily says:

Uh… This game isn’t working for me. I press the “Click Me” icon, then a blank screen appears. Then when I exit it, my mouse won’t appear over the “Click Me” icon.

9. Liam B says:

I also find this simplistic ‘art’ game very moving and am currently addicted to it.
    I love Bowawa’s little mini-story, and think that that’s probably the actual plot, especially with the little girl.

I love the song.

What I also find quite moving, is that unless you’re optimistic and think that after the plane hit the first tower, all the people on the roof of the second ran down and away, some of those people who’s mind you read on the second tower, including the little girl, could well have died when the second plane hit the second tower…

• just another guy says:

BEST GAME EVER. i know other games may be fun and have no meaning at all but this one does. this game has pulled very hard on my heartstrings and i mean that literally not as a joke. 9/11 was a terrible thing but not many people still remember nor care and i think that is something that is very important to all of us.

10. Jelder says:

Interesting game, moving. Although after a few minutes I couldn’t play anymore. It’s a bit too much for me.