Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet

Categories: Demo, Download, Games, Hidden Object, Mac Os, Puzzle, Sponsors, Windows

Hunker down at your flat at 221b Baker St. in London.

The year is 1896, and Scotland Yard has called Sherlock Holmes with an urgent request for help.

Along with Watson, you must investigate a peculiar crime – a young painter has been murdered and found rolled up in a remarkable Persian carpet. Explore scenes in order to find clues and reveal suspects.

Use Police reports with interrogations and statements of witnesses in Sherlock Holmes: Mystery of the Persian Carpet.

• Puzzle & Adventure game.
  • Analyze clues and evidence.
  • Crime scene items.
  • Get the Strategy guide.
WindowsPlay FREE for one hour or Order the FULL version
Mac OsPlay FREE for an hour or Order the FULL version

191 Comments to Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet

1. brooke says:

sounds like people are getting stuck with this game lol i think i wanna try it but it sounds difficult lol

2. SHARON CALLAGHAN says:

Am stuck on the lead pipe maze. All the walkthroughs give a different solution to what comes up on my screen – i.e. the pipe second from the left at the bottom is closed at one end and open at the other. Does anyone know how to get round this? Thanks.

3. Sam says:

im stuck on the string puzzle in the ladies sitting room and ive tried every way and cnt do it?

4. Marie says:

Hi,

I am stuck in the box, decoded the letter found all the clues. Been to Scotland Yard, backstage is complete but not the box. Talk about being one of the older ones playing this game, this game is making me older than what I am now.

Whew !! tough and thank goodness we can come here and ask questions.
    Help

5. Karen says:

Hi! I hope some one can help me before I throw my computer out the window! lol! I have decoded the letter, but it doesn’t do anything after that! I have read some other comments and advice to try and figure it out but nothing has helped so far! I can’t get any further… Help!!

6. nikita says:

ive found the note and been to the scotland yard how do i get to Mrs. Pitticot’s House i don’t know how ?? any answers pls

7. Myself says:

does any one have the link to the timer patch which gives u unlimited time to play the puzzles??….if so please post or upload

8. jay says:

Help! I am having problem with the Grid Puzzle. My numbers are different from walkthrough. Tried the arrow with no results. Can anyone help?

9. lisa says:

“mary, my star
    lets meet at my place tonight,
    but leave the knife
    lord lindon pays well
    i will be rich, vincent”

i got the code but nothing happens. it is saying im still not done in that room but i found everything and i completed that puzzle. nothing happens with the puzzle

10. Karen says:

Hey Lisa! I’m feeling you! That is happening to me too! I’m about to delete the game!!

11. hellen says:

am stuck in the jewellery box (lever 5), i can open it but i can’t do with the needle. Help!

12. Ally says:

I’m stuck on the pipe puzzle, i’ve had a look at walkthroughs but there is one big difference to theirs and mine the second to last piece on the websites is a corner piece where as mine is a dead end. Does this mean i can’t actually finish the game? Or is there another way? Please e-mail me and help, thank you.

13. Ally says:

14. Clive Buttons says:

I’ve found that the best way to complete these puzzles is to keep at ‘em. I was tempted to come t this site for spoilers (hence me being here now) but I’ve managed all of them so far (not without some shouting and fretting) just take your time or walk away and come back with a fresh (or in my case sober perspective.

Having said that I’ve been banging my head aginst the wall about the lamp bit 4 about 24 hours now. 3rd go. Hardest one yet, but I know I’ll laugh at myself for being an idiot when I get it.

Am abit dubious about the deduction board though.

Great game though. Far better than the lost cases… which i aso enjoyed…

Keep it up chaps we can do it!

-C

15. Clive Buttons says:

P.s just done it!

I’ll put it here because it’s not an obvious one.

Just move the book to the puzzle piece then it’s spot the difference.

Won’t help you wiht tht though…

-Clive

16. Jess says:

I am having trouble with the pipe puzzle. the walkthrough have a different pipe at the bottom. the one i have is a blocker pipe but the walkthrough is suppose to be turned. Is there another way?

• Katie says:

Did anyone give a solution to the pipe puzzle differences? I have a different screen also to the one displayed on the solution page some pipe shapes are different in places and I cannot finish. Can anyone help?

17. erin says:

hey guys can someone please me with the puzzle in lord lindons room… i have scanned the book case an cant find anythin…all im missin is violet ink message and the money..good game but its a nightmare when ur stck n run outa time

18. sonia says:

Stuck here with the green 4 puzzle! I followed all the walkthrough’s steps but I can’t make any progress! Any screenshots?

19. whoisit says:

Uninstalled this game, when a puzzle game becomes a guessing game it’s no longer worth having, Level 5 Guess the numbers, rubbish idea.
    Yes I did do it on two occasions but by then my time had run down so I didn’t get enough time on the string.

20. chebz says:

can anyone help me with the deduction board at the end f level 7 please has had me puzzled for ages and have no hints left, thanx chebx

21. usama says:

can some one help me with the jewelery box in the stage 5.

22. gareth says:

how do i solve the grid puzzle? my numbers are different 2 the walkthroughs it startin to bug me nw :( lol

23. psyche says:

i am on level five with the lock on the red box. i kept on hitting the wrong password. it starts to freak me out!

24. psyche says:

yehey!!!! after 3 days of playing, i’ve finally finished it!!!! and on my own, too!!!

25. hai says:

Grid paper!!!!!!!!!1, To find hidden drawing, Please!! tell me HOW DO I Settle there are big problem!!!!!!! ( Grid Paper)

26. kate says:

hi all, i am new here, and I am TOTALLY stuck on level 4 trying to complete the
    grid puzzle, all my numbers seem to be different to the hints and tips I have looked up, i dont have two tens at the top of my grid, just one!.
    I copied the arrow onto my grid but nothing happens ….even my partner has tried and he is at a loss too!

Please help! grateful of any advice or any pics of the grid.

27. AliKat says:

OMG! PLEASE! SOMEBODY HELP ME!?!?!?!

ive read through walkthrough after walkthrough but none of them seem to help with the deduction board, ive found 30/31, i have no hints left… im SO close to finishing the game.. :’(

my laptop could start sailin across the room any minute now.. SO FRUSTRATING!! GRRRR!!

• renee says:

i have the same problem!!!!!!!!

• BeanerECMO says:

I realize that it’s over a year later, but did you ever solve your problem? I am at the level where I have 18 of 20 with one hint left. I have 6 suspects: actress, director, Willis (Cementary Worker), Lord, Lady and Oak (Gambler). I just don’t want to use that last hint.

28. GamesShouldNotBeFrustrating says:

How come no one is answering the problem with the grid not being the same as the STUPID walkthroughs that are post all of the internet. I hate when people post “walkthroughs” and do not post every single answer. If your going to post a walkthrough make sure EVERYONE playing the game can use it!!! If a game has several answers to a puzzle make sure ALL answers to that puzzle are posted. That should be a common sense rule when posting walkthroughs!!

CAN SOME ONE PLEASE EXHIBIT SOME COMMON SENSE AND POST ALL THE STUPID PICTURES THAT THE GRID CAN BE! EVERY MINNIE GAME SHOULD HAVE A “SKIP” BUTTON, REGARDLESS OF WHAT GAME A GAMER IS PLAYING!!!

• BeanerECMO says:

Several puzzles have combinations and permutation that number into the thousands; e.g., a puzzle where there are ten numbers (0 – 9) and no number is used twice has at least 10! possibilities; i.e., 10x9x8x7x6x5x4x3x2x1. Just be persistent (and careful).

29. Mihai says:

Can anyone help me with the name of the soundtrack???

• DinkyInky says:

The tune is called “Humoresque, Op.101, No.7 ” By Antonin Dvorak.

Daniel Hope does a masterful version on The Romantic Violinist – A Celebration of Joseph Joachim.

30. Bryony says:

Help. I am missing the icons on the left hand side. I have main menu, a ? and a timer but cannot get out of a screen until I have completed everything. I gather I should have more icons after viewing the walkthrough etc. PLEASE can anyone tell me how to get them?

31. ZENBU says:

use Cheat Engine for the coded lock-the red box with 10 codes u had to guess..use the “Float” for the value type..juz hack the 5 tries..easy…

p/s : gomenne, my english nt tht gud..tq..

32. Taylor says:

Turns out that that random puzzle is Show

n.n Took me absolutely forever, though I just got the game today.

33. gargleblaster says:

Paper is left in inventory in Level 4, you need to place the paper on the bunsen burner, then click on the burner several times to ignite it, and have the hidden message appear to get out of the “lab”.

34. Sarah says:

I’m at the end at the deduction chart and it says that all the evidence is gathered but there are two empty spaces. I spent forever trying to do it. Finally I went to a walkthrough page to see how it’s supposed to be and it’s part of the evidence thats missing! Now I can’t go back to the locations and get it. So I can’t finish the game… Any suggestions?