MOTAS – Mystery Of Time And Space

Categories: Flash, Free, Games, Online, Room Escape

MOTASMOTASMOTAS or Mystery Of Time And Space is a popular Point’n’Click Room Escape game created by a Dutch designer, Jan Albartus. The author has released the first version of MOTAS in November 2001: the game was only featuring one room. Since then, MOTAS was updated several times by adding new rooms. At the time of writing, the game includes 18 19 20 different levels and dozen of rooms to explore.

Considered as one of the first “Escape the room” game, MOTAS remains today one of the most-ever-played games of its category, thanks to the several releases throughout the past four years. With nice graphics and a relaxing soundtrack, MOTAS is just perfect for a gloomy rainy day.

Update, December 21, 2006: the game was updated a few days ago and there are now 17 levels online! January 11, 2007: level 18 is online! January 15, 2007: level 19 is online!

Update, May 27, 2008: level 20 is online!

Motas walkthrough (levels 1-19) available here…

95 Comments to MOTAS – Mystery Of Time And Space

1. zane says:

I can’t get level 9, the computer to work right. I found the letters. I type them in on that computer, and nothing happens. I have tried different variations of the letters….s.e.a.t….What is supposed to be shown on the computer when I type them in?

2. dee says:

I was having the same problem, turns out that its not eats, seat or teas, its the most obvious without being obvious… funny how you think of the words when you aren’t paying attention… It’s ‘east’ !!!!

3. pie is good with wiped cream says:

how do u pass level 1 lol

4. pie is good with wiped cream says:

i did it now level 2

5. pie is good with wiped cream says:

help my on the computer on level 9

6. blondie148 says:

argh I can’t get the golden key in level 13!!!!!!!

7. Brittany says:

WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO MAKE A SEQUEL

8. Jancsi33 says:

omg i can’t make a spoiler

and:on level 16 on the computer i don’t know where is the “blender” program!!!

somebody can help me?

9. Jancsi33 says:

i have now the level 16 woohoo

10. BallsBuster says:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m stuck on 18 and i cant get the code from under the alien!how do i get it! im bustin my balls over this thing. please help.

11. Natys says:

I need help!!!! I can’t pass the level 9. I don’t know how to put the letters, in wich order??? the letters are: DRFAW. please help me!!

12. cabbages says:

i need help with level 16…how do you get the passwords for the computer

13. Kuroh says:

Now, I’ve tryed EVERYTHING.
    I’m still in level 18. I have changed the direction on the small ^ v buttons in the ‘box’, where the MOTAS-thingy can be powered up, go to the level 9, clicked the alien and the UFO about 100000 times, waited on the aliens reaction (if he had any?), go back and try all this again and again and again….
    I’m giving up… soon. My sister did it; she got the alien to fly away (on her pc). But when I try to do extacly the same thing. Nothing happens!
    I’m kinda dissapointed… I respect that you can’t talk about it in the chatroom. But now I’ve returned to the game again and again, tried and tried.
    I love this game! But if I can’t get further… please. If someone can explain how she/he got through level 18… very extacly discription… :/
    (Sorry for any wrong spelled/made sentences – I’m danish)

14. S says:

Is anyone else unable to access level 20? I played through the game and it only went up to level 19, then the “end” room.

15. Susan says:

yay! This was the first game I played on the internet and I’ve been hooked on flash games ever since!!!!! For level 20, this is what I have so far: Show

I’ll post more the further along I progress! Great game!

16. Susan says:

And finished…guess I should have waited a few more minutes! Here’s the rest of the walkthrough for level 20, if anyone needs it: Show

Although this is short, it is a great series…I hope new levels will post soon!!!! Have fun!

17. Reka says:

Note to anyone trying to follow Susan’s level 20 walkthrough: remember that all codes are different for every player in every game. If you need to, use her hints to figure out where to find the codes, but don’t actually use her numbers/colors.

18. Susan says:

Reka…thanks for the heads up to everyone. For all who use my WT, the hints will make sense…didn’t mean to throw anyone off the beaten path with the actual #’s/colors! Good luck all, and have fun!

19. ellie says:

How does one access level 20? Do you have to play thru the whole game again to get to it ? continue game wont go past level 19. Help

20. Galygo says:

Help… I cannot find the desk in level 7.

21. Reka says:

Ellie, use the menu (little “M” icon in top right corner), find the “load game” button, then select level 20. (I noticed that bug too: if you play the whole game through, it ends after level 19. And there’s another strange bug where if you choose to continue the game, but skip the intro/credits, the credits will continue playing on top of the game. I ended up having to restart, because the credits didn’t go away – they’d get to the end, then start over at the beginning.)

22. mei mei says:

Ok, lvl 15… i put the computers is chrono order and try to open the door, but it won’t open, is there something special i have to do?? Plz help

23. ellie says:

Thank you Reka ! Never thout of trying that..

24. mvmom says:

stuck on 18. how about some clues on how to arrainge the diodes so I can get outta here!?
    thanks!

25. connor says:

l on level 3 you have to put the tiles in but they wont go in.

26. tihana says:

level 20…i know what to do but i cant do it
    how do you “enter” the numbers in the box

27. blondie says:

please help im on level 12 you go into the left room after completing the green wall but i cant find the lightbulb, or the wire cutters let alone the hanging basket.
    please help

28. BANANA! says:

For Level 18, Show

29. BANANA! says:

WOOT! I finished!

30. Jane says:

Help! I need the code for level 16 with the computure. Does someone have the code that you put in the menu(not in the computure) in the side if you hit the m in the corner. so can somebody please tell me the code

31. wannabe says:

I’m on the level there you move wall pieces in a box under the stair how shuold they lay? AARGH! please

32. Stephanie says:

Can someone please tell me how to get the boat all the way to the right on lvl 14?? It won’t move from the left no matter what order I click the buttons. :-(

33. hope says:

can u unblock me cause they only blcoked me for writing in capital letters

34. Neo says:

Does anybody know how to work the time machine on level 19? That’s the crucial piece of info I need to finish the level.

35. Neo says:

Umm..nevermind. But on level 20, what do I do with pycgcg?

36. usman says:

hey are you stuck i made a video walkthrough for level 1

37. Rocky says:

Ok, this game is fun, but it’s getting on my last nerve. I’m stuck in level 16. I type in the password and UNOX version, then go to Blender and get that version, go back to settings, and type it in and I still can’t get passed that. I’ve tried to enter them in many different ways but I still can’t get anywhere. Has someone found a solution to this? I would appreciate your help. Thanks!

38. Rocky says:

For those of you who are having problems with level 16, I figured out how to proceed. If you’d like, read the following…

Follow the walkthrough as they mention it along with the info I provided and you should be able to continue.
    Hope this info helped.

39. Trinaty Moon says:

im stuck on lvl 9 with the second set of passwords on the computer i got the letters and i cant get them in the right order do i use all the letters or what and does it change each time the game is played?

40. Dayana Medina says:

I need a walkthrough, this game looks difficult!!!!!!

41. Tihana & Neo, on level 20, the letter code(random) you’ve selected from the computer are abbreviations for each color.

There is a single column of six boxes to the room on your right. Each letter represents a color from left to right.

Here is a legend to follow…

Remember, all codes are random.

42. HardlyWorkin says:

I doused the fire with the water bucket but it didnt give me a golden key! Any suggestions??!!

43. jucat says:

I have followed everything for level 16 but I still can not access the start button. I keep getting no access??????? I have the code from my documents and still cannot access the start button.

44. HELP says:

heyy i need some help with the part of the PC…the one in which you have to enter some passwords…i followed the walkthrough but i cant access the MY DOCUMENTS…

45. david says:

i need to figure out the green wall! >:(