Virtual Villagers 4: The Tree of Life

Categories: Adventure, Demo, Download, Games, Mac Os, Sponsors, Strategy, Time Management, Walkthrough, Windows

Continue the story of the mysterious island of Isola, and the tribe of lost refugees in Virtual Villagers 4 – The Tree of Life.

The island’s chief is worried that life is slowly diminishing on the island and has selected a tribe of explorers to find the source of Isola’s troubles.

They discover, and inevitably populate, the hidden eastern shore of the island. Watch over a new group of villagers as they explore the eastern shore of the island, uncover fantastic mysteries, unravel the story of Isola, and save the Tree of Life!

• Visit the oldest and most hidden part of the mysterious Island of Isola.
  • A new select-screen lets you start with a custom tribe. Try starting with only children, or instead with a tribe full of nursing mothers!
  • New updated user-interface, and our most detailed, vivid map yet full of exciting new puzzles.
  • Dozens of achievements for players to accomplish.
  • New puzzles, new collectibles, new Island Events!
  • Real- Time Weather! Clouds, fog and sudden down pours.
  • Real-Time Gameplay: new surprises every time you turn the game on!

Virtual Villagers 4 walkthrough (thanks Laura!)

WindowsPlay FREE for an hour or Order the FULL version
Mac OsPlay FREE for an hour or Order the FULL version

388 Comments to Virtual Villagers 4: The Tree of Life

1. Jamie says:

I can not build the clothing hut, I am level 2 construction, learning, dendrology, and food mastery, I have 2 huts, 1 love shack, but no clothing hut. Also, about the frogs? Show

• NattyGW says:

If you cleared the debris at the stream and carry the rock that is at the beach where the waterfalls was, to the left corner of the stream by the tree (puzzle 2), then once it rains, carry six frogs to the stream by the tree…hope that helps!

• Jamie says:

I have done all of the things with the water gotten it going fine ect ect, and have moved all of the frogs SEVERAL times and still they will not stay up there, I have moved up to 8 or 9 at a time and they will not stay.

• Me. says:

You have to constantly have someone clearing the stream, making sure that it stays clear. The blockage will just keep coming back. If they keep it clear, you will not have to move the frogs more than once.

Hope that helps. (:

• Jamie says:

I kept my stream clear that was always done, I just could not get them to actually stay up there as in it would not even note that I had done it and I had done it several times but I finally got it Show

• Linda says:

You have to block the hole so the stream flows through.

• lauryn says:

u need to have level 2 in science but how do i cover the pit at the bottom i have all of the rocks on but it says it needs to be coverd i have p-ut my villagers on th clothing ut bt i sayd cange this vilager slcothes

• xtina says:

I was level 2 on everything but my clothing hut didn’t appear until I had a master farmer.

• sagarika says:

you need to purchase level 3 science

• MiNeCrAfTiAn 😘✋👍 says:

You Need At Least One Of Your Villagers A Master Or At Least Trainee If You Want To Get The Clothing Hut One Scientist And One Builder And Another Hut Should Appear If You Have Completed That One The Other One Should Appear A Couple Of Minutes Or Hours Later….. I Hope That Made Sense.

• allesea says:

you need science lv 2

• Dizi says:

remember to clean your villagers before helping the frogs :)

2. Holly says:

I can’t build a clothing hut either. I created another tribe, and they didn’t have level 2 ANYTHING, I set them harvesting food and left them overnight and when I came back the next day there was a pile of stuff for a clothing hut. The only thing they’d built was the love shack. Why can’t I get the clothing hut to appear in my main game?

3. Bobbie says:

I think my game is stuck……The blockage on the stream won’t build back up and the berries won’t grow back on the bush. Anyone else have this problem??? Please let me know. I don’t want to have to start my game over because i have solved alot of the puzzles. However i cannot make the stew with no berries. Thanks

• bob john says:

in the same shoes you are… only need the puzzle that requires the berries and still no berries… *sigh* sorry i cant help

4. Rosalie says:

is there any way to either get rid of a nursing mothers baby or make the baby older faster? i need the girl thats nursing to move the rock and it takes to long to train someone else to be both of the requirements (adept scientist and adept bulider)

• funinpennsylvania says:

Change your game from full screen. Start the game. With your game open, open your computer clock (lower right hand corner in the tray). Advance the time by 3 hours and apply. Change the time back to normal time. This will advance your game. My nursing mother went from 220 minutes to 24 minutes. Be careful though because it advances EVERYTHING. Make sure you have enough food so your people don’t starve. And make sure everyone is healthy. This is helpful for increasing tech points too.

• Paula says:

i’m having trouble just moving the rock to block the stream. i need some advice with that.

• MiNeCrAfTiAn 😘✋👍 says:

I Am Sorry, But I Don’t Think So….. 😐😐😐😐😐😕😕😕

5. paige says:

my only male died so i dont know what to do because now they cant reproduce any advice?

• Bobbie says:

You may have to start over seeing how all of your women are going to get old and die. I hope this helps .

• Eliza says:

u might get a crate with children inside, or a crate with infants inside. it’s happened to me before in virtual villagers 1, and i think it’s possible for it to happen in the other three games.

6. Donna says:

I keep seeing ghost people what is this about??????

• paige says:

I just saw the first ghost person with a lab tool below it. I’m not sure what that means?…hopefully someone does.

• Chloe.F.F says:

Once you have collected all of the moluseam parts, thats when the ghosts apear. Hope this helps. :-)

• Ann says:

One of the reasons they show up is to help you spot rare collectibles. If you see a ghost, pause the game and find a child. There is likely a rare collectible near the ghost.

7. pettwa says:

how do i get tech points faster
    the only way i know is to get kids to pick this up (to slow)
    pls help me

8. emily says:

how to i get a clothing hut??? i finished all the tasks up to that one. i have 13 ppl.. i have 2 huts and luv shack pleas help

9. Matt says:

how do you make the villagers burp bubbles

• Matt says:

figured it out on my own. spicy plant + soapy + soapy in fresh water = burping bubbles

10. VV4 Player says:

Can someone help out here?? I have done the stew n also have 20 villagers but they wont go 2 credit the tree no matter how much I drag them to the cooking pot. Someone please help me ok I desperately nd help !!!!!

• Matt says:

empty your pot and try again. 3 sweet plants in fresh water + food then have all villagers eat. they should walk to the tree on their own carrying bowls.

11. SnoWhite says:

My females are ageing and are only birthing boys. How can I get a baby girl, without one soon my tribe will be too old to reproduce and I will have to start over. Please help!

• paige says:

You may have to start over, unless you put the game in fast mode and get all women nursing babies.

12. Hailey says:

i cant for the life of me get my villagers to cut the vines to make cloth, i have level 2 in everything except medicine and learning, i have master builders and farmers, i have the clothing hut and the sharp tools…i dont even know if i am putting them on the right vines…which vines are we supposed to put them on?

• patty-cake says:

the vines by the dry wood are the ones used to make cloth. they’re called the pulpy vines.hope u get it! :)

13. khairul says:

use cheat engine…..the best way to get unlimited food, cloth, anything that’s countable….u can even change the game speed…..it’ll make easier for u to solve puzzle…… :)

14. Jean says:

I have been trying to complete Puzzle 16 but I don’t have any hummingbirds appear. My tree is one away from being healed and I can remove the braid. What is wrong?

15. mini says:

how do you get the stalks healthier faster?! ‘ve been on for like 4 hours and they won’t grow!

16. villivillagers says:

i cant cut the vines over the dry wood. they dont know how to cut it. i have level 2 in everything. anyone knows my problem?

• Darcie. J says:

you have to get an experienced villager and they will go and get a cutting tool (if you have them) and they will go back and cut three off for a stew or making cloth i hop this helps!

17. Cassy says:

so i have the boling water peice but when i try and make soap every time i click on it it says “unfinished stew is cooking” i try and start it over but it doesnt work. how do i make the stew for soap right!?

• yanyan says:

you need to get 3csoapy smelling plant under the bridge and salt water

• mla says:

you must use salt water instead of fresh. Salt is for anything nonedible, fresh is for stew. hope this helps!

18. yanyan says:

is there a way to make a villagers healthy?

• meg says:

you can make 2 different stews .

• Jeni says:

Make a stew – any combination helps them – I usually just do sweet – sweet – spicy and add food from the food bin. Also, making them eat (picking up the sick or weakened villager and placing them on the food hut will eventually make them feel better to.
        If they are sick – place a child right over top of them and you will hear a sneeze it they have successfully healed them. The sick villager will be sitting down, but then will jump up and go off and do something (whatever there skills are) when you get the hospital, you can put villagers on it to study medicine and when they are a master doctor they will go out and heal the sick villagers on their own! Its really handy when you have a huge population and cant always find the one who’s sick quickly!
        Good luck!

19. barbiedolls says:

hey need help here. i don’ have any male villager. if i start over then i would start from scratch again?

• i♥wiggles says:

yea they let you choose your villagers if you don’t want that villager put reject

20. meg says:

I have done everything to get the pond party nothing works can someone please help?

• i♥wiggles says:

you need to go to menu and go to options and put pause go to your village and everyone of your villagers are gonna stop moving and after that get 25 people and put it on the pond and then go to menu again and options put the speed and when you get back to your village your gonna get a trophy

• Keely says:

You don’t even have to go to the menu to pause the game. Just press the spacebar. It’s that easy!

21. Charlotte says:

Hey everyone! PLEASE HELP!
    I have lvl 2 Dendrology, Building and Food Mastery.
    I have 12 population (most are children, 2 are elders) -A master farmer, researcher and builder- 2 huts and a love shack.
    I am done ‘The stream’ ‘The cutting tool’ ‘Soap’ ‘Cooking Pit’ and ‘Boiling water’
    HOW DO I GET THE SEWING HUT?
    PLEASE NAME ALL POSSIBLE WAYS!!! ALL POSSIBLE WAYS!!!!!
    It would be REALLY helpful, seeing as my Master Researcher and Farmer will be dying and moving on soon.
    PLEASE HELP!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! I NEED IT!

22. Charlotte says:

I found out how :D
    Its okay.

TO GET THE CLOTHING HUT YOU NEED LVL 2 SCIENCE

23. Charlotte says:

Hellloooo Everyone.
    I NEED HELP!
    its about the stew.
    The BIG stew.
    I added food from the food bin, fresh water, all three herbs and now they wont get fish, or blackberries (i did not try the strange fruit)

• faye says:

The big stew needs EVERYTHING. Fresh water, three food sources harvested(Fish, Fruit and Berries) You also need a child to pick a mushroom. You have to try to cook the stew at least twice. Keep trying. If it still says Needs Something nutritious after the mushroom, try the food bin. Don’t forget to keep the keep the pot hot.

24. i♥wiggles says:

when i put a villager on the nursery school it says not enough skills to teach why does it say that i put adept parent and master parent but nothing happens and says refusing

• faye says:

The adult needs to be a master of a least two skills, any two skills. You can also use more than one adult to teach at a time.

25. kaley says:

how long does it take for the berries to grow back? i did the time cheat and now im on 200 berries is it worth doing the time cheat again if im going to get the fish?

• faye says:

It only takes a minute or two. It grow back gradually but fast enough for you to harvest something else and come back after. No need to speed up your game.

26. Nicole says:

Can someone help me??? My villagers have 2 skills at master but they still won’t teach at the school. one has parent and research and the other research and building. whats wrong???

27. azteegmatized says:

What if I dont have much food left in the food bin & my stuck for the berries are also gone. What can i do so my tribe wont suffer starvation? Thanks! :)

• Paula says:

you will need more tech points to UP one on construction. then have your villagers start removing the rocks from the pit by the trees with the fruit. once they’ve done that you’ll need to heat rocks one at a time and have a villager put them on the pit. once that is done you need to take a villager to the banana trees and he/she will put the leaves on top of the pit. that will make the oven you need to cook the fruit from the trees.

28. gattina says:

I cant get the 5th one..heeelp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. Jaylin says:

How do you heal a villager?

30. nickiee84 says:

Hi all….
    How to become dendrology???

31. andrew says:

heyya guys,
    i have 3 males and 3 females, and the will go in the love shack and have sex but there always isnt a baby when they come out, i keep trying and trying but no baby. any advice.?

• Lily says:

You don’t have to wait for them to go inside just drop a male onto the female and then pick her back up. It doesn’t always work the first time so just repeat the action until the female is holding a baby.

• Kita says:

If the females are over 50 its alot harder to get babys from them, but it is possible. I got a 61 yr old woman who has a baby

32. niki_icha237 says:

i cant solve puzzle 2 ,,
    he or she said confused ,,

33. player says:

puzzle 2: where is the cheveron shaped stone? but the thing is there is this black stone that was put there. like it stands out from the drawing of the waterfall. the rock is just where the debris are. i dont know if thats blocking the flow of the fall, but i cant move it and my person is and adept builder and scientist. though the debris are still there im pretty sure thats not whats blocking the waterfall thats supposed to flow to the reasearch lab.

• Jeni says:

You need to take an adept or master builder who is also a master researcher – you need level 2 construction (I believe) as well. Take the person to the kidney shaped stone that is right under where the waterfall used to go (where the kids go to make sandcastles) if the villager has the right credentials they will pick up the rock and walk it over to the hole and it will say “fixing the leak” if the villager doesn’t have the right creds then it will just say “confused”
      remember – master (or adept) builder who is also a master (or adept) scientist!
      Good luck!

34. Lhip says:

I need to work,work and work to build Hut Anything in puzzle

it very hard work in here

the baby not easy growing like Virtual villagers 1 not like that

its not easy to fast grow the child

35. Marianne says:

AAGHH!! im only working on the fifth puzzle, but ive run into a problem and do not want to start over. my stalks aren’t revived yet, though they’ve had access to water for awhile. is this a glitch? PLEASE HELP!

• Jeni says:

Mine took a long time too – some say its about 2 real time Hours – I dont know how long exactly it was for me but it took a long time. Just move in to another one in the mean time – and they’ll magically be healthy eventually.

36. Lila says:

I accidentally made a stew that I shouldn’t have, and now I can’t get rid of teh stew! How do I get rid of the stew?

• sunil says:

go to the well

• Jeni says:

Drop it in the “Low well” its the grated circle right between the two shelves, near the cooking pot. The villager will “sees a low well” and then goes over to the stew pot and dumps it into a bowl, walks over to the well and dumps it down. Might haveto try a couple times but this is how it works :)

37. xuni says:

please help me out guys. i m fixed at puzzle 14. i use to make stew with three yellow herbs, fresh boiling water and food. bt still no one is taking it to honour the tree. they only eat the stew nthing else plz lz plz help me out i have tried it many times………..:-(
    tell me whts the mistake?

• Paula says:

you will also need 20 villagers to do this.

• Jeni says:

You actually need 25 Villagers to complete this puzzle and it needs to be sweet+ sweet +sweet plus food from the food bin. Gather your villagers as close as you can to the pot while its being made so you can grab them quick and put them on the stew pot when its finished. You need 25 villagers to honor the tree – they’ll contemplate the tree after this and then you should be good to go!
        Remember, you need 25 – no 20! It wont work if there is any less!

38. Manja says:

hi, i have a problem with quest 8.
    I can’t find the spicy:(
    Can somebody help??

Thanks

39. kelli says:

for some reason all my women are nursing my only man died and all the kids r giirls what am i suppposed to do from there

40. mary says:

my babies don´t grow at all. First there was 120 min nursing after a day there is 400 min nursing and nothing. The mother is still carrying the baby. Can somebody help?

41. Paula says:

I need someone’s help with this. For the GRAND FEAST I’ve collected the 3 herbs needed for this [soapy, spicy, and sweet] with fresh water, blackberries, tree fruit, fish, and a mushroom. it doesn’t say to add the food but I’ve done that too after trying it out and not working the first time without the food. I’ve even tried to do it in different orders. and still nothing. it says that the stew is unfinished. does anyone know what’s going on?

• Jeni says:

When I did it I just made sure that I would drop the villager on the pot and then on the item that I wanted them to collect – like fish or berries whatever… You need to have food from the food hut – a child collecting a mushroom, a fish and a hard fruit roasted and black berries. When the villagers are doing these things make sure that it says “Adding to stew” if it doesnt they’ll just put it in the food hut. Also – if your stew gets cold while your waiting make sure you have a hot rock waiting in the fire to add to the stew if it gets cold. It’ll say “A cold unfinished stew…” make sure you can see the steam.
      Hope this helps – it took me awhile to get it to – but I was forgetting the blackberries :P

• Puddintane says:

The Grand Feast Is hard… You Need like to kids and serveral parents(PS. Sorry For The spelling mistakes!) ok start one adult (a) to put a rock in the fire (this one takes skill and timing! So It Takes A few times! just saying!)
      and put a kid (K) On a spice flower or An A but K is faster put won person (P)
      on a soap flower and Put a P on the citrius flower (wht i call it) and when there on the table put fresh water in the pot And This is the hard part…
      put the rock in the pot put a K on mushroom(If your lucky there might be won) Put A on the berry bush Put A on Fish Net Put A on yellow fruit an they fry them then they all bring it to the boiling pot if its is still… Yay every body is bringing pots filled with food and you got the puzzle piece if not you have to do this whole cycle over again its not a easy or fun process so if you beat it your lucky it took me seven times And tht process is long for seven time maybe like an hour! good luck!

42. Jeni says:

I’ve completed almost everything – I am just trying to get all the trophies now – but I have reached my “Maximum sustainable capacity” with only 90 villagers… how am I supposed to get to 100 if I cant sustain anymore people? I know I need more huts but none are showing up to be built? Anyone know why that is????
    Also – does it have something to do with food ? I have almost 8000 so I dont think thats the problem. Just getting really frustrated!

43. wesley says:

how do u empty ur pot i don’t know how

44. Joey says:

The games suck, I wish i did not buy them. Turning off the computer BECAUSE I HAVE A REAL LIFE, and cannot spend 3 days straight playing one of the most boring games I have ever played, causes food to run out and no resources left. OR I come back to skeletons and one kid that cant work and is starving. I am waiting for a better game to come out…

Black & White, way better, and 5 years ago the graphics were better than this.

• Jenny says:

Calm down kid, its just a game. Stop using cheat codes and figure it out. Just because you play a game doesn’t mean you have no life. So simmer and go outside in the sun to relax i think you need some fresh air kiddo.

Play
      MY TRIBE
      SPROUTS ADVENTURE
      GEMINI

There easier and stop playing when you do. Except My tribe you have to pause that but its easy so you can keep it going and still live…i like’em anyways–goodluck! 8-)

45. jaxs says:

I can’t make the grand feast, my villagers add all the ingredients but the fish; they just take the fish to the food bin. PLEASE HELP!!

46. yoman says:

you need to have lv 3 clothing to have a clothing hut to have so many tech points use cheat engine 5.5 good luck

47. lily says:

I keep trying to get my people but none of them will have a baby! What do I do?

• VV says:

Pair the mete with a female 18-50 yrs old until they have a baby. I’ve managed to get >50 yrs old females to have babies but this is very rare.

48. Ashlea says:

how do i fix the tree of life

49. Dragon says:

do u still need the stream after youve cleared it once?

• VV says:

You have to keep clearing the stream to keep it from clogging up again. There are a few puzzles that require the stream to be flowing in order to be completed.

50. Chocolab says:

how do you get villagers to make cloth? I have got them to cut the vines but all they do is take them to the lab -Please HELP