Hidden Mysteries – Civil War

Categories: Demo, Download, Games, Hidden Object, Sponsors, Windows

Travel back in time to the Civil War and its original battle locations. Search for hidden objects in each historical level.

Join General Walker, loyal follower of Abe Lincoln, for a Civil War adventure.

Search original battlefields for clues and letters left by members of a secret society. These individuals hid millions of dollars in gold, cash, and coin. Scour 20 hidden object levels while advancing through time from the Battle of Fort Sumter in 1861 to Lee’s surrender at Appotomattox in 1865.

Cross rivers and grassy knolls to unearth Hidden Mysteries of the Civil War.

• Civil War battle locations.
  • Personal stories from soldiers.
  • Experience the grand finale!
WindowsPlay FREE for one hour or Order the FULL version
Mac OsNot available

109 Comments to Hidden Mysteries – Civil War

1. Superlucia says:

I’m SURE this is stupid, but WHERE IN GOD’S NAME is the stupid pinecone in the first level, 1861, Fort Sumter?

2. Mary S. Spahr says:

Too few clues, items too small. Very frustrating game. I’m glad mine was one of my “free” games.

3. Joye says:

The pine cone is in 2 parts I believe. Been so long, I’ve worn out my mouse trying to find the club symbol aboard 2 ships. This has not been fun. The bomb puzzle is almost impossible to get hints.
    Has anyone found the club symbol? I’m glad I only lost .99 cents on this one.

4. LWL says:

The club is a shadow on the front quarter near the waterline of the ship with the flag flying.

5. Pat says:

What irks me is that if you *do* use a precious clue (and I can’t win that game to get more clues) you can often click right on top of it (“kerosene lamp” comes to mind) but it won’t work. There must be some itsy-bitsy field that’s about the size of the head of a pin. As a result, you can actually hit the “clue” button, click on where they show it to be (and on what you *thought* it was in the first place) and it won’t work. I don’t know if this is deliberate on their part because they thought it might be an additional challenge, or a programming error, but no matter what, it’s incredibly frustrating.

6. Claudia says:

Well…I have played a lot of HO games and this one is so hard it’s not even fun. I actually used a magnifying glass to find some of the objects or I never would’ve found them. Now I cannot find all the arrows on the bonus part of 1864 so cannot advance to the next level. I also have never been able to win the extra clues game. Save your money!

7. Diane Cuenin says:

I would like to know where th HELM o the ships–yes, that bomb junk is ridiculous!!!

8. denstrooper says:

where is the EXCLAMATION in the 1862 Battle of ANTIETAM?

9. Dane says:

Where can I find the ticket, at the First Battle of Bull Run? 1861?

The helm of the ship is like the wheel of the ship. a circle with spokes. for DIANE CUENIN.

10. Babs says:

Exclamation Point is in Abe’ hat.

11. Bob says:

Helm is on the cannon wheel in the far back

12. Carla says:

Where is the lightning bolt in the second battle of bull run?

13. Lynne says:

Yes this game is so very hard, Everyone is right not fun. To little numbers of clues. I am in 1864 my last arrow to find and have spent to much time on it and still can’t find it. Save your money.

• linda collis says:

I agree with all said. Can’t find flute on the battleship. This is hard and not that fun,

14. ashley says:

i am at the spotsylvania court house and i can tfind the grater and pineaple
    can someone please help me

15. Jennifer says:

I have been looking for 2 days to find the ‘kerosene lamp’ in 1864 Battle of the Wilderness. I clicked the hint, but it didn’t show it so I clicked it again cause it was the last item I needed. I had my daughter watching the screen still no hint lights. I’ve clicked on the oil lamp umpteen times, but that isn’t what they are calling the kerosene lamp. I’m getting pretty annoyed at this point thinking I bought a faulty game. Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks in advance!

16. Jennifer says:

arrow is the top left hand corner of the porch or bottom left is more like a directional arrow. Try next to the bush on left.

17. Sandra Gramlin says:

I bought this game, and am so sorry! It isn’t intellectually challenging, it’s just visually challenging! The scenes are way too dark. I know it’s not my monitor because everything else is bright. Sometimes I just start clicking around in the dark areas and accidentally find something. It’s very frustrating.

18. Susan says:

Where is the dang lighting bolt?

19. Ness48 says:

The lightening bolt is on the tent roof.

20. Yenis says:

The last arrow I found is on the bush on the righ hand corner of the game on the bottom, you have to look close to see it

21. Christina says:

Where is the lightning bolt on the second battle of bull run 1862? i have been looking for it for two hours.

• Donna says:

The lightening bolt is on the big wagon wheel in the foreground just to the right and down a little from the words on the top of the wheel. It is very small. Hope this helps.

22. GinaKinKC says:

ok I used all my hints, and need to find the last firefly, and it is impossible to win extra clues…anyone have a hint on that? It is Battle of Chattanooga. Greatly appreciated in advance!

23. Diana says:

Ok, so if thats not the kerosene lamp, does anyone know where it is at?

24. tbamer says:

I can’t find my last firefly

25. Holly says:

Need the jiggle bell in Siege of Fredricksberg!! Thanks.

26. Holly says:

Fredricksberg jiggle bell??

27. Shirley says:

To Holly: You may be looking for the firefly that is right next to the lantern on the stump. Try that. If not, ask again.

28. Cindy says:

I click on the Karasene lamp and nothing happens.. the hint tells me its right there! this is the second time i tried redoing my game to get it.. now i’m frustrated..

29. kellyje7 says:

I still can’t find the pine cone…can somebody please tell me where it is in Siege of Atlanta?

30. JEREMIAH WILDER says:

I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE STUPID KEROSENE LAMP AND IT IS WHAT IT SAYS IT IS BUT IT WILL NOT LET YOU HAVE IT THIS IS A FAULTY GAME BUT I KNOW PEOPLE HAVE COMPLETED IT BUT I DON’T SEE HOW. THIS GAME IS SO FRUSTRATING THAT I WOULDN’T EVEN RECOMMEND PEOPLE TO BUY ANY OF THEIR GAMES ANYMORE I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ON THE BUCKINGHAM PALACE GAMES. JUST THOUGHT I WOULD TELL EVERYONE WHAT I THINK OF THIS GAME

• Cathy Saathoff says:

I am having the same problem with the lamp. The only way to get around it is to run the game again and sometimes it doesn’t ask for that. This way I have finished the whole game, the only way……………………

31. mtnmover says:

where is the coin at the battle of chancelarsville

32. mtnmover says:

where or how does one find or click on the kerosene lamp, it;s in plane site I think.

33. Jim says:

Only way I could beat this was to run it in windowed mode (not full screen) on my Mac and use the to zoom WAAAAAYYYY into the screen. Items way too small to be seen or obscured by something else OR a 2D image against a same color background. Bad. The alternate history ending was an absolute joke. I thought the game did a fairly good job of teaching American history and the Civil War until the STUPID ASS ENDING. What, is it now not politically correct to say Abraham Lincoln was assassinated? Give me a break. Took EVERYTHING away from what little there was of the game to begin with. And, MINESWEEPER to win clues? MINESWEEPER?!?!?! Who the heck has EVER won at MINESWEEPER? 1.5 stars for an attempt at educating while playing. Would have gotten 2 if they didn’t lamely rewrite history at the end of the game. Seems like a game made in Eastern Europe or something.

34. Dawn Morley says:

I am stuck !! I cannot find a fish in the 1862 Second Battle of Bull Run

Help !!

35. Steve Butler says:

Does anyone know where to find the spoon at the Siege of Atlanta?

36. greg says:

can anyone tell me where the ivy is in chancellorsville?

37. joyce says:

in spotsylvania where is the arrow in 1864

38. kitkatamy says:

trying to find the mushrooms in the battle of chattanooga

39. jann says:

The kerosene lantern has me buffaloed, too…in fact, I think there were two, and when I clicked on them, they didn’t work…also, the cannonball puzzle is a joke that is NOT funny…finding it pointless to continue.

40. Barbara says:

Does anyone know where the CLOTHESPIN is in VICKSBURG section of the game?
    Also, where is the HOOK in GETTYSBURG?

41. peggy says:

where in the world is the last chest piece in the battle of Chancellorsville.

42. Irene Alg says:

In 1862 in the second battle of bull run where is the pipe cause I stuck there

43. Amanda says:

Does anyone know where the Bat or Teapot is in the Battle of Antietam? 1862

44. carrie221 says:

In the 1862 battle of Fredricksburg what is the “drop” item and where can it be found.

45. maddy says:

where is the book in second battle of bull run?

46. christine says:

where is the clover in gettysburg